Skip to main content
- 8 slices Oroweat® Organic 100% Wheat Bread
- 1 can (approx. 400ml) cooked cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- Small bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- Small bunch of fresh chives
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- Fresh tomato, sliced
- Orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Fresh cucumber, thinly sliced
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a food processor combine the cannellini beans, fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt & pepper. Process until almost smooth, allowing for a bit of texture to remain in the spread.
- To assemble sandwich, spread approximately 2 tablespoon of the white bean spread on one slice of the bread.
- Top with your choice of vegetables and sprouts, and season with salt & pepper if you’d like.
- Spread an additional 2 tablespoons of the spread on the other slice of bread and top the sandwich. Enjoy!